Did you know that 1 million malware threats are released every day?
According to CNN, “more than 317 million new pieces of malware — computer viruses or other malicious software — were created last year.” As hackers get smarter and faster, it is our priority at RG Media Company to keep you and your websites safe and secure.
We scan our client’s WordPress sites on a daily basis. This means that your website is always up to date with newest versions and site plug-ins. An update increases security, fixes bugs, and adds new features.
A prime tool that we use for your protection is Wordfence– a full featured and constantly updated plug-in that incorporates the latest security features, and hunts for the newest security threats.
With Wordfence Security, we scan:
- Heart Bleed vulnerability
- Core files, themes, and plugins against WordPress.org.
- Signatures of over 44,000 known malware variants that are known security threats.
- Backdoors that create security holes.
- Malware and phishing URL’s including all URL’s on the Google Safe Browsing List in all your comments, posts, and files that are security threats.
- Heuristics of backdoors, trojans, suspicious code, and other security issues.
Once security issues are scanned, the next step is to block these attackers and threats:
Using Worfence, we block:
- Known attackers in real time.
- Common security threats like Googlebots and malicious scans from hackers and botnets using firewalls.
- Entire malicious networks using firewalls.
- Security threats like aggressive crawlers, scrapers, and bots scanning your site for vulnerabilities.
Monitor and manage
The final step in staying secure is to take control your safety.
Wordfence enables us to:
- Clear cache and monitor cache usage.
- Enforce strong passwords amongst administrators, publishers, and users.
- Monitor disk space to stop DDoSattacks that attempt to consume disk space.
Check out a full list of Wordfence security features here.
If our websites incur any downtime for any reason, our entire team receives SMS text alerts, and our tech support staff is able to provide immediate investigation to address any issues that arise.
RG Media Company in Eugene, Oregon can help you create and manage a safe website today. Contact us with any questions about our safety protocols.