What is a landing page?
A landing page is a website page that allows you to capture a visitor’s information through a lead form (HubSpot). A good landing page is targeted toward a specific user, and because it is targeted and has an interesting offer behind it, you will convert more of your website visitors into leads and sales for your business.
What makes a great landing page?
According to Conversion Scientist Brian Massey, a landing page must make and keep a promise; it must offer what is shown in the advertisement.
A great landing page:
- Builds trust
- Provides proof
- Shows the product
A successful landing page delivers what the user wants, and drives them to take action. First, visitors of a landing page should feel comfortable to take the action we want them to take.
Build trust with visitors by:
- Placing your logo on the page to reinforce your brand
- Adding payment option icons, such as VISA, Mastercard and Paypal.
A great landing page provides visitors with proof that reinforces your products and services.
Choose the best sources of proof for your landing page:
- Awards received
- Number of products sold
- Number of current users
- Case studies or research conducted
- Amount of money customers save
Show the product
Focus on strengthening your copy and choice of photos to convey your product and offer to the user.
- Use clear and strong call-to-action words and phrases to compel the visitor
- Only include relevant information in the copy and photo captions
- Do not use jargon that the average user will not understand.
Find Brian Massey’s full presentation on landing pages here.
Do you need help with creating a strong landing page? Contact us at the RG Media Company in Eugene, Oregon.