WordPress has become the top Content Management System (CMS) of 2015. WordPress is no longer only blogging software, but is an infrastructure tool customizable to any web design or platform. WordPress has developed, refined, tested, and enhanced their CMS in the past decade to be used by companies and organizations of any size including The New York Times, CNN, Forbes, and SONY.
In 2015, “79 percent of content websites are powered by WordPress, followed by Joomla with 7.2 percent and Drupal with 5.3 percent.” – The CodeGuard
What makes WordPress so great? Take a look at these top 3 reasons for why we use WordPress here at RG Media Company:
1. User friendly for our clients
If you can use Microsoft Office Word, you can use WordPress. It is that easy to update and manage content on your WordPress website. With some basic training, our clients are able to manage their website by themselves without hiring a webmaster every time they want to make a change.
2. SEO friendly
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is extremely important because it helps elevate your website in search results on sites such as Google, Yahoo, etc…. The countless plugins and built-in features of WordPress make it simple for us and our clients to monitor SEO and drive more search traffic. As outlined by Webtegrity, Google and WordPress are highly compatible for SEO purposes as well:
- Google loves logical architecture in a website and WordPress is designed logically.
- Google loves text based websites – WordPress is text based.
- Google loves mobile-friendly websites – WordPress sites can be designed using Responsive Web Design optimizing your site for all digital devices!
- Google loves blogs – WordPress was originally created as the ultimate blogger’s tool!
3. Mobile friendly
There is no question that your website should be mobile friendly. With technology ever changing and the recent Mobbilegeddon, WordPress offers great flexibility for designers who utilize Responsive Design techniques. As outlined by Webtegrity, a responsive design website:
- Allows users to see content more easily
- Allows users to navigate the website more easily
- Streamlines your content
- Shows customers you’re up to date
- Gives them an easier way to contact you
- Pushes them to take the exact actions you want
We can help
Not sure if your website is mobile friendly? Tired of calling up your web developer every time you want to update a photo or change some simple text? RG Media Company in Eugene, Oregon can help. Contact us today.