A strong online presence and mobile-friendly website is increasingly vital for businesses this holiday season. Customers are online more than ever throughout their shopping process – from inspiration, to research on the go, to the final purchase.
Surprising holiday statistics
- The holidays remain the #1 sales season of the year .
- 39% of purchases started with a search.
- 45% of online traffic was from mobile during the holiday in 2014.
- E-commerce is expected to grow 14% during the holiday in 2015.
- Cyber Monday exceeded 2 billion dollars in sales in 2014 for the first time, the greatest online sales day in history.
(Statistics by Small Business Trends)
Buying power of millennials (ages 18-33)
With the rising use of mobile search and e-commerce during the holiday, the buying power of millennials must be taken into account. According to estimates by Total Youth Research, millennials will spend $1.3 trillion annually in the U.S. in 2015. This holiday season, statistics on millennials by Influencer show that:
- 93% plan on shopping Black Friday or Cyber Monday
- 67% shop online for Black Friday and/or Cyber Monday
- 48% research online before shopping in stores for Black Friday
These statistics display that for the largest demographic of smartphone users, an online presence for businesses is increasingly essential today.
Preparing for the holidays
Refine your ad tactics and develop new ones to match the user experience people want.
- Have a website that is mobile friendly and responsive.
- Refine Search Engine Optimization (SEO) to maximize your online presence
- Use Search Engine Marketing (SEM) or Paid Ads to get a boost in search results.
- Build strong and user-friendly conversion forms to get more qualified leads.
- Write relevant copy with strong call-to-action words that engage the reader
- Promote special offers and news on social media and E-newsletters
Our team at RG Media Company can help with mobile-friendly website creation, SEO strategy, development of ad campaigns, social media and email marketing. Contact us to get started today.