It’s the biggest shopping season of the year and people are increasingly going online during the holidays. With this in mind, it is important to refine your marketing strategy to attract new customers and to stay connected with current customers.
Shoppers go online for inspiration
64 percent of smartphone shoppers turn to mobile search for gift ideas before heading into stores (Think with Google).
Online shoppers are open-minded
76 percent of smartphone shoppers who generally go to the same physical stores are open to new retailers and brands online (Think with Google).
Digital marketing tips for the holiday season
1. Refine your website
- Responsive design for users on any desktop or mobile device
- Fast loading times. Aim for loading time of in 3 seconds or less
- A simple checkout process for e-commerce sites
2. Convey your message across marketing channels
- Highlight special deals or products on social media
- Take advantage of sponsored content to share how your company gave back to the community this year
- Send out a holiday gift guide newsletter
3. Refine your SEM campaign
- Include highly searched keywords for your industry during the holiday months
- Plan your budget carefully. According to AdGooRoo, December is the top month of the fourth quarter for paid search spend
4. Market your niche products and services
Consumers are searching for the best products, not the cheapest. According to Think with Google, mobile searches related to “unique gifts” grew more than 65 percent and mobile searches related to “cool gifts” grew more than 80% last holiday.
5. Offer coupons and gift cards
Consider promoting gift cards to target last-minute shoppers. According to Marketing Land, 72 percent more searches for gift cards take place the week prior to Christmas compared with the first week of December.
Our team in Eugene can help your business grow this holiday season. Contact us to learn more about our services.